Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mapping out Toastland...

Every morning, my sainted husband brings me a cuppa tea, and toast with cashew or peanut butter on it. Lately he has been spreading the nut butter right to the edges of the toast, so that I get it all over my fingers when I eat it. Very politely (since I am getting breakfast brought to me daily by my beloved!), I mentioned to Gordon that perhaps he could spread the butter not quite to the very edges.

This morning I got this:


"They're survey stakes."

"Whaa...?" (I had just woken up and was my usual, incoherent, drooling self.)

"They're survey stakes. They are marking out the edges of the toast, so that the cashew butter doesn't get spread too far. They also double as handy handles for eating your toast!" Gordon helpfully explained.

He just gets funnier and funnier all the time. It used to be my job to be the smartass of the couple, but now The Bearded One is striving for that crown!


6 comments:

  1. I *toast* Gordon and his wit. Very funny and a great way to start off your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He definitely has his moments!:) He always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ought to rent Gordon out. You could make good $$ that way.

    Just got my copy of your book and it is stunning!! I especially love your Gila Monster and tarantula. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dephal, I'm so glad you like it! It was a lot of fun (and challenging) to draw the Gila monnster. I hope to see one in the flesh (from a safe distance) when I visit Arizona (next year if all goes to plan!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, if you're going to be in Arizona, you could just swing by California, too (but not next spring, when I'll be in Europe).

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is too cute you guys =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!