Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The very long car ride

We spent last Thursday - Monday on a whirlwind driving trip to and from Maryland, to attend the bat mitzvah of our friends' lovely daughter Rachel (for my other pals in the MD area, I'll be back there again for a longer visit soon, not to worry!) The drive down ended up taking 12 hours because apparently all of Pennsylvania is under construction. Funny, it was under construction the last time we drove down there, in 1995! We broke up the drive home, staying in Corning, NY on Sunday night (what a BEAUTIFUL spot!) I'll upload some photos in another post.

By Monday afternoon, we were both very bored and tired of driving. That's when the "music" began. Tragic to think I spent four years at university earning a Bachelor of Music. On the other hand, I was a clarinetist, not a singer, in case that's not abundantly obvious. Not that I was trying very hard.

This video may be toooooo long for some to endure!



We hadn't been drinking! I swear!

17 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a gay old time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well it did pass the time, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OKay you guys are totally whacked! I LOVE it!!! (How the heck did you upload that Natalie? I have trouble uploading a 10 second clip!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mostly I'm amazed Gordon allowed me to post it! :) Ronna, I have satellite internet. It was a bit slow to upload, but downloads are faster.

    And yes, we're whacked. Gordon WASN'T whacked, but after 20 years with me, things rub off...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:25 pm

    Oh. My. God.

    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay...you two are *nutz*! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, Gordon used to be such a nice, normal guy before I completely corrupted him... me, I've always been like this.

    And Shona, I entirely agree! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mama Mia, Mama Mia!
    You may just be the Queen and the Champion of the road trip dashboard video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We aim to please! I took that with my cheap little Canon Powershot, which isn't even a real video cam. All things considered, the quality of the video isn't bad. The quality of the singing is another issue...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually you're pretty good with the harmonies. Bismillah! 'Twas a blast to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must applaud you on your singing of Bohemian Rhapsody, but didn't you get the words wrong?

    Here they are... --> http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/queen115.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lyrics, schmyrics, whatever happened to artistic licence?

    Actually, HWB, the Homerian Rhapsody parody is EXCELLENT! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:25 pm

    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA oh DEAR. that was BRILLIANT. Asolutely brilliant editing!!!!! just GREAT!

    and we can all relate to those loonnnngggggg journeys.

    and i finally got to hear my future husband's ... oh! I mean Mr. Caber's voice!! hahahhaha.

    thanks for giving me the email notice of this. it's just really brilliant!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dr. Sloth, my purpose in life is to keep you amused! And to make sure you know what you're getting into before you steal my husband... hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhh, This is a classic!!! ...Cant stop laughing!!! Randy & I haven driven across the US, from coast to coast, many times. I know how you felt in this video!!!!! Next time you come to MD, let me know!!!!!!!
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynn, it would be fun to get together. I'd like to meet Genny too! There are a few people in and around MD that I want to meet in person. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!