Friday, October 02, 2009

How angry do you have to be at the world...

...to put a magnet like this on the back of your car?


We had to sit in a line-up on the bridge back to Cornwall last weekend, being flipped the bird for over 20 minutes straight. Needless to say, I pulled out my camera.


It's not his actual licence plate, though it should be and it took all my restraint not to post his real licence-plate number. He crossed us over a solid line on the curve of a two-lane bridge doing double the posted limit, then had to brake at the end of a long line-up for the border check. So not only did he drive like a fool, cut in front of us, slam on his brakes and steal our spot in line, he gave us the decal-finger while doing so. I was not amused. But I could have forgotten it were it not for the finger. That reeeeeeally pissed me off.


And I'm sure that a young guy crossing the US/Canada border in a BMW with these rims and tinted windows and a "F***-you!" magnet is neither a cigarette nor a drug smuggler. Oh certainly not. Not at all. Because there's no cigarette smuggling making people rich at the Cornwall crossing. Not at all. (Are you getting the sarcasm? I hope so.)



I was so hoping he would be pulled over to secondary by the border guard and given a cavity search, but alas it was not to be.

Nonetheless, we had a fun day driving around Massena and Potsdam, NY, with ample quantities of gelato consumed.

Here's the bridge going over...



... and here's a sign on the US side, coming back. The industrial plants are on the US side and they are NOT pretty. But upstate New York is!


I like visiting the USA, but it's always nice to get home to the land of maple leaves, maple syrup, polar bears, Mounties, igloos and snow.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm I don't think I would care for that decal either Knatolee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, that IS a funny bumper sticker and I would have laughed at that!! Unlike the FINGER.

    Anyway, thank God I can vent on my blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas! no igloos! I lived on Baffin Island in the late 60s. Never saw one...Inuits build them when on long winter trips. Otherwise, in those days, in the villages, they lived in tents. Now, in prefab houses. At least, in Eastern Arctic. Unless I missed it all. It was a dream of mine to sleep in an igloo for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw, Claudia, you get around! What a fantastic experience, living in Baffin Island! Gordon worked up there for a little bit as a prosecutor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pretty much have to drive like a Jack*ss if you are going to carry a sticker like that on your car. Looks like he was anticipating getting honked at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe you are correct, James!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!