Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I need a chocolate croissant

But I'm not getting one. There isn't a bakery in Abbotsford that makes a decent croissant! In Montreal, we got beautiful "pain au chocolat" at the local convenience store, but here? The bakeries blow chunks. I don't deny that you are sure to find wonderful baking in Vancouver, but not out here in the sticks. If there is an exquisite bakery hiding in Abbotsford, be sure to let me know. I haven't found it yet.

Of course, we do have the wonderful Clayburn Village tea room not 45 seconds from our front door:

http://www.clayburn.heritagebc.org/

They make many wonderful things, and stock an incredible array of penny candy, not to mention my particular achilles heel, ENGLISH CHOCOLATE, but alas, no croissants, particularly not chocolate ones.

And do I have any junk food in the house? Noooooo. I am having to make do with cheese and crackers, which is not a substitute for a croissant. Dang. I am so hard done-by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!