Friday, February 11, 2005

Good pot!



No, not THAT kind of pot, although God knows there's enough available in this province. Apparently there's even a mini grow-op here in the village; you can't escape it! Two of the places we looked while house-hunting had been grow-ops before they were put up for sale, and another one still had an active grow-op in the barn. (No barn that small needs 600-amp service and a tarp on the roof, not to mention an industrial-strength padlock on the door.)

No, no, this good pot is the one I got free from IGA after collecting many, many stickers and dutifully pasting them onto a collector card. Said pot shines brightly in the bottom right-hand corner of this photo. A Royal Doulton pot. Free! Absolutely free! It's so pretty I am afraid to use it.

I challenge you to find another blog with a picture of a pot drawer in it. Knatolee's world is anything but average.

As an aside, I just had a green banana smoothie. I THOUGHT it was a proper yellow banana smoothie, but apparently this bastard banana was just masquerading as a ripe one. Nothing like a little wooden banana to add flavour to your beverage... NOT.

Which leads me to today's question. Do cows like bananas? My English Setter likes bananas. I guess I will just have to take a banana over to my apple-lovin' bovine friends this weekend and find out!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:53 am

    I have the same crushing disappointment with palid pineapples. Oh the shattered promise of sweet fruit when the fork brings a chunk of pineapple cork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that palid pineapples are even worse than wooden bananas, since they cost significantly more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!