Saturday, March 04, 2017

National Cupcake Day

Again this year, we sold cupcakes at Gordon's offices for National Cupcake Day. We raised over $1,000 for the Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry OSPCA, from where most of our animals were adopted.

My friends outdid themselves with their baking, and Ronna came up with some gorgeous cupakces, like the flower ones in this photo...




I even made some "pupcakes" for dogs!


Aren't these hedgehogs by Ronna adorable?



And Vicky made lots of cute ones, like these puppy cupcakes...



Our friend Rose made sinfully delicious Triple Death By Chocolate Cupcakes, with chocolate cream cheese icing...



Our friend Debbie made yummy carrot-cake cupcakes, and cinnamon rhubarb muffins! So delicious!



I couldn't resist!

And Pam made beautiful red velvet cupcakes with pretty pink frosting...



Gordon's assistant Nancy made these cheesecake ones with an Oreo cookie bottom!


Julie from Gordon's office made chocolate chip bone-shaped cookies.


There were lots of others, but this gives you an idea of what was on offer. We seem to do better every y
ear!

I didn't even get to sample the lemon-coconut ones we made! :)

Looking forward to next year's Cupcake Day. 

10 comments:

  1. Yummy! Beautiful too. Have you thought of putting together the recipes for these & selling them to make more money. Cheers & hugs to all of you for your efforts. Sandy in California

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you had such good results on Cupcake Day! I don't like to eat cupcakes (or cookies) when they are so wonderfully decorated :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! my kind of celebration...who knew there was a National Cupcake Day. If we can't get rid of Trump, I'm moving to Canada!! You have the best PM and days to celebrate:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be in cupcake heaven! Oh my those all look wonderful and for such a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got home from a huge dinner! I couldn't imagine eating another thing, but these cupcake pictures make me smile and make my mouth water, which is really embarrassing when they happen at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The word decadent comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some talented bakers in your area. "Ronna....holy moly...gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! I never knew cupcakes could be so beautiful! Such talented ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my they are ALL soooo gorgeous! I want to eat each and every one! I am a HUGE coconut freak so those last ones particularly interest me! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  10. I applaud the cupcake-making skills that went into all of these treats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!