Wednesday, March 02, 2016

A catch-up, filled with goats

Sorry friends, it was a crazy week or so... but look!


Not only does our farm have a new name, it now has a beautiful new logo designed by my talented graphic designer friend Sarah Elder. We LOVE it. I think I will get t-shirts printed! And in case you haven't seen it, I made a Facebook page for the farm.

The triplets...


...are getting huge. I can't wait to get them outside with the rest of the flock. Waiting for warmer weather.


Luc is a handsome lad!




Annabelle thought she might get milk from my nose!

And when my friend Jackie was here doing chores on Sunday , she found naughty Geoff inside the carriage shed where the pig pen is!


Helping himself to snacks...


and standing on hemlock siding (the granary is being completely renovated!)

He has snuck in through the pig entrance, then hopped over the board blocking half the doorway.

Jackie shooed him out again...


...he took his sweet time...


...but off he went!

Meanwhile, Buttercup and Redford got a bit of cuddle time in the barn.



While Emerson preferred being inside on the couch!



But he was back outside again today...


...surveying his domain from atop the goats' hay feeder!


Yesterday Genny and Bambi came inside to the new kidding pens in the carriage shed, leaving Geoff and Kevin to cry over their absence. Daphne is down in the lower barn next to Penny and the triplets. All three does are going to pop their kids within the next two to three weeks and yes, I am stressed out about it. But I hope all will go well!

Because look!


The triplets are doing great. Here are Annabelle and Rosie enjoying some hay. They are down to one small bottle a day now and that will probably end this weekend. Sigh... my babies are growing up. Eight weeks old this coming Saturday. 


Annabelle and Rosie, with Luc just behind Rosie, and Daphne and Penny behind that. They were out in the chicken run getting some fresh air today.







Daphne... I'm really not sure when she'll give birth She looks slim in this pic but I assure you, she is not! 


This shows her girth a bit better. My goatkeeper friends think she'll just have one!



Luc and his Mama.

And let's not forget this fellow..


...dear old Tristan!

Cross your fingers for safe deliveries for all the kids.


Ooops! Almost forget the little video I took today!

14 comments:

  1. Your logo is so cute, Natalie. I think that Daphne is one cool looking goat. I can't wait to see her babes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your cats survey the domain, top of the heap, even though among the smallest in size! The kids' fur is still so fluffy looking! And thanks for the video of them Hoovering up that bale of hay. Glad their appetites will soon replace your daily bottle feeds. You'll need to gain your stress before your next mamas deliver. And hopefully I'll be able to visit them this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new sign and logo , Wonderful photos . Looking forward to more kids photos and videos , Thanks for sharing , Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love goats so it's great fun watching all the goat happenings at your place these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those goats are going to become a full time job. they seem to be able to easily go places they're not supposed to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daphne's triplets will be so cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your picture of the cat on the hay feeder. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone looks so healthy and so loved! Brilliant photos and I love the new logo and farm name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, your farm is one hopping place! Good luck with the upcoming births.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goat smiles are like nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to see that sweet old Tristan is getting along still. It's amazing how fast the little goats grow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get so happy when I see your babies. ALL of them! I could be in the worst mood and they make me smile. Saw your logo on Facebook and I LOVE it, so professional yet homey.....love it! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely want a t-shirt if you get some made! Would be a great fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!