Tuesday, July 31, 2007

'kay, I wanna know...

...if that counter (down on the left) that I sold my soul for isn't lying, and some 6,303 whatever people have actually looked at this blog (and I have serious, serious doubts as to the accuracy of that counter, cute though it may be with its darling kitty-cats), then how come I don't get more comments? Crazy Aunt Purl gets comments! She is AWASH in comments! I only want 10% of her comments! Is that so much to ask? (I would like her book deal as well, if THAT'S not too much too ask. I'm not divorced or drunk, but I AM covered in cat hair a lot of the time!)

Heck, I bet Stephen "Helmethead" Harper gets more comments on his blog than I do, and he really IS boring. And does STEVIE bring you BABY RACCOONS? Cute cats? Artistic shots of nostrils and feet? Amusing-if-bitter commentary on the roadways of Quebec? I THINK NOT! NOT NOT NOT!

What do I have to do to get more comments? Drink more? Talk about drinking more? Dance on a table with a lampshade on my head?

Okay, okay, OKAY. I 'm gonna go drink a beer now (Kilkenny Cream Ale. My paternal grandmother was born in Kilkenny.) Beer is good when the temperature outside registers a bazillion degrees with 5, 461% humidity. Since I can get drunk on two beers (one if my stomach is reeeeally empty), this one small beer a major step towards attracting a larger audience. That is, if you want me to write about drunkeness. Which I suspect you don't. So I'm back to square one. Where's that lampshade?

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:15 pm

    Let's see. I forget what made me start reading your blog. I did a search about something... can't remember what. I remember I sick in bed and feeling blue at the time. But I found your BLOG intriguing and have stopped in every now and then to see what's up. I adore animals myself and so enjoy those posts. Your rants have a bit of British flare to them. I schooled in England and so I kinda appreciate those posts as well.

    At the time I bookmarked three BLOGS and have continued to check in... but admitedly I kinda feel like I'm intruding.

    There! A comment for you in return for you blog.

    KP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Kilkenny. It' lovely. I stayed in a castle, which was just a treat. I recommend it highly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like I've arrived at your blog just in time to make a much deserved comment. Thanks for making the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:06 pm

    I actually had a guinness last Saturday. It was 45 pesos! :O but totally worth it. (now you know who this is from ... I wanted to make anonymous comments so you would think that a total stranger is reading your blog .. haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:44 am

    I read every time you post (gotta love Bloglines!) but I don't comment much. Sorry about that. I like getting comments too, but I don't know that I'd want as many readers (and commenters) as Crazy Aunt Purl, Yarn Harlot, etc. I think I'd feel way too exposed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:50 am

    okay...here's a comment...but it's really a question.

    WHO IS THAT GORGEOUS DOG, BUDDY? He is just beautiful. In fact..you should dognap him and send him to me. I'm sure that Marcellus and Phoebe wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buddy belongs to my Nova Scotian friend Susan, and her family. He lives in beautiful Cape Breton. He was adopted from a shelter and has a lovely temperament! I want him but I'm not allowed to steal him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comment.
    There, stop your whining about not getting any coments!

    And who i that anonymous commentor??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most blogs have more readers than commentors - and then there are the silly people who, instead of posting their comments in the blog's Comments section, email them to the blogger. A pox on them, I say! Or, perhaps krusty ringworm would be more fitting, giving poor Jim's, er, encroaching baldness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!