Sunday, September 24, 2006

Bad cats?

I got a spiffy new label maker and have been trying it out, leaving labels in mysterious places. Gordon has one on his shaving mirror that says "manly manhood." Ahem.

In case you're not wearing your bifocals, Zoe's label says "Bad Cat!" Or click on the photo for a larger, more legible version.


You'd think these two actually liked each other, when they sleep as close as this.


And Mashka's label says "Badder cat!" but really, she's a sweet old thing. She is at least 15 now. We adopted her from the Toronto Humane Society back in 1995, so you never know, she could be older. But they said she was 3-1/2 years old when we got her in the January of that year. My math makes her at least 15!

Mashka has lost some weight recently and we are bit concerned about her, but all three kitties are off to the new vet this week for their annual check-ups, so we'll see what's up then. Apart from being skinnier, she's quite content with life. I wish Zoe would give her some of HER extra weight!

The funny thing with Mashka is that for the first year we had her, she spent most of her life on the futon in our spare bedroom. She was quite timid, and it took her a long time to adjust to living with a dog (our Chelsea.) Over the years, she has really come out of her shell, and eventually ended up sleeping on our bed every night. But since we've moved to this little house, she has taken to sleeping on the futon in my office every night instead! And Julius tends to boot her off our bed if she comes near it. There's in new world order in our catdom; in BC, Mashka was the one chasing Julius off our bed.

Still, I think Mashka likes being next to me in my office all day, leaving as much grey fur as possible on the dark brown futon.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:59 pm

    (who or what comes up with those words for verification??!)

    I just have two .. uh three ... no make that four words for you: Pea Green with Envy.

    I have been in love with the north ever since I saw it about one million years ago .. or so it seems. ..in other words forever.

    Please find me a Canadian Mountie :))

    Seriously, your place is adorable .. and a lake and LOONS and FALL and kayaks!!! Jeeeezus H. Christ. Is that heaven or WHAT?! ...and I forgot total darkness at night. Do you know you will be able to see the northern lights. ...Ok now I'm seething with jealousy.

    As usual I've enjoyed reading your blog :)) I really miss you, but thank dog you are here :). I can't wait to see your trip website. ..and yes i know the joys of dial-up. :/

    a kiss on the cheek and a hug for you both and all the cats :))
    Nancy K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!