Thursday, June 04, 2009

One book, two titles

I just finished reading The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill. It was great, but what I didn't realize is that in other parts of the world, it's called Someone Knows My Name. It was long-listed for the Giller prize, won the Commonwealth Writer's prize for overall best book, and won the CBC Canada Reads competition this year. Usually the Canada Reads books give me headaches, but not this year. The book is inspired by a historical document called, not surprisingly, The Book of Negroes.

And now on a completely different note, I am reading Plan bee : everything you ever wanted to know about the hardest-working creatures on the planet by Susan Brackney. Fascinating little book for anyone who wants to know more about the amazing honeybee!

Excuse me, there is a kitten walking on my keyboard and I need to aqeqwe ui 4 4t e;ht3s dgiuargher ... go.

1 comment:

  1. I think the bee book is the one my daughter read and told me about. She was totally excited about it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!