Monday, June 08, 2009

Art Fayre 2009


My artistic friends Ronna and Fran have both done a better job of describing this weekend's Art Fayre than I can, so visit Ronna and Fran's blogs to see what they have to say about this event! (You should visit their blogs even if you aren't going to attend Art Fayre, because Fran and Ronna both create beautiful artwork.) Art Fayre is this weekend at the Glengarry Pioneer Museum in Dunvegan, Ontario, on Saturday and Sunday from 1 pm to 5 pm. Two of my hooked rugs (walhangings) are being shown, and I am going to demo rug-hooking on Sunday afternoon around 2:30. Cross your fingers for good weather!


2 comments:

  1. I actually sold a photo at a friend's art show last week! For $25! Of course, I had printed/framed about 10, and considering all the money I laid out I'm down about $200, but still! Oh, and it was sold to a family member of my friend. Does that even count? I think she felt bad for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, a sale is a sale! Congrats!

    Have you thought about selling on etsy.com? I think original photography is acceptable there, and while I admit the site is a little estrogen-heavy, there ARE male artists/artisans on there! I've had a really positive experience with Etsy so far, even with the whole cross-border shipping nonsense I have to factor in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!