Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pizza night with obligatory kitten shot

I haven't done a pizza post in a while. I made one last Monday night, with organic bread flour I got from Penny's Market last Saturday.



All kneaded and going into the oven to proof!



I don't have a pizza peel, so I use a round non-stick pan to slide the dough onto the pizza stone in the 500F oven. I brushed olive oil with garlic (from my garden) and oregano over the crust.


I decided to make Greek pizza.


Some mozzarella and yellow pepper.


Green olives, and local goat milk feta from Glengarry Fine Cheese.


Red onions and tomatoes and voilà!


Not the most beautiful crust in the world, but tasty!


And to drink? Young's Double Chocolate Stout!


Speaking of alcohol, our neighbour gave us some of the maple syrup he made this year, in this bottle:


I think I should keep it in the breast pocket of my parka and take several swigs a day!


And here is your kitten shot:


Emily is veeeeeeeeery long!



20 comments:

  1. There is no match to a homemade pizza!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd visit your blog for the animal pix even if your recipes weren't so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pizza looks great and I remember that you have a baker's oven. Yum! I sold mine with the dog biscuit business and I miss it. We'll be heading out for pancakes as soon as another nice day arrives..it's raining today. Hi Em...You masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. Pizza, garden-grown garlic, a glass of stout, and an adorable kitten. What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howzabout homemade ice cream? Gordon whipped up some chocolate chip/coconut, which is why I need to go for a two-mile walk...

      Delete
  5. What the hell is chocolate stout?

    The pizza looks yummy and we expect:-) that at our next visit, which will be probably within the next 2 weeks if everything goes well with my Paperwork for a German-Passport), since Gordon has to sign them all. Just Copies of my school and work I did back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beer. It's chocolate. It's beer AND chocolate. It's FREAKING AMAZING:
      http://www.youngs-chocolate-stout.com/

      And Gordon will be happy to lawyerize for you! :)

      Delete
  6. Okay. I got my kitten fix. All is good in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nham nham... I love pizza... and cats too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks mouth-wateringly delicious. I just want to eat it all up.... and so does the Pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I admit, I spend a lot of time giving Emily kisses. She just squirms to get away.

      Delete
  9. You just can't beat a home made pizza. i get really lazy and just use bead. I know that the crust can be a crucial part of the pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, nothing wrong with cheating on the crust! Naan bread from Loblaws is good for that!

      Delete
  10. Anonymous5:35 pm

    YUM! And a kitty picture to finish it off! Is there really chocolate in that stout? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Dark chocolate:

      http://www.youngs-chocolate-stout.com/

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!