Friday, November 26, 2010

Wee Spotty McBugster and Friends

I had a great time at our art sale last Sunday! We all did well selling our art, and I have just finished slapping most of my leftovers up on my Etsy page. It's nice to see my shop all tanked up with some new things.

I had fun doing a series of tiny acrylic paintings, which as you can see quite different and somewhat less realistic than the coloured-pencil drawings I did for Katie of the Sonoran Desert:



Dainty Dragonfly 6" x 6"



Mr. Flashy Golden Bug 4" x 4"



Love Bug 4" x 4"



Wee Spotty McBugster, 4" x 4"

The Etsy listing reads: "Wee Spotty McBugster, Scottish cousin to Mr. Flashy Golden Bug! Spotty is one wild and crazy beetle and if he wore a kilt, he'd have nothing on underneath. You'll recognize him at parties by the lampshade on his head and the Drambuie in his hand...paw..claw...foot -- whatever you call the insect part that holds a shot glass! His mandibles are bright orange and channel his inner parrot. He loves a full Scottish breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, blood pudding, haggis, tattie scones, baked beans, fried tomato and oatcakes."

Yes, well, I've been sitting in the office for about ten hours today and by the time I wrote Spotty McBugster's description, I was feeling a little punchy!

All paintings now for sale on Etsy. Next I'll post the leftover "ruglets"! First I need food and a very long nap.

And thank you Phyllis and Michelle for buying my skull-teacup ruglets!








3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:55 pm

    Your ruglet has arrived in California--in record time--and it is so wonderful in person! Must find the perfect spot to hang it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, that must be a land speed record for Canada Post!! So glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:02 pm

    I was amazed at the speed! Especially because I also got a postcard from Ottawa yesterday that took 29 days to arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!