Friday, November 12, 2010

Out the office window...

I took a couple of amusing photos out my office window yesterday. Gordon had borrowed our friends' truck to take firewood up to the house. Every autumn, he removes the basement window and throws the wood in. It's my job to stack it; when Gordon stacks wood, the result is a complete and utter death-trap. It's also my job to keep the home-fires burning all winter, since evidently Gordon failed Fire-making 101 as a Boy Scout! (And no doubt his Scoutmaster was fatally injured in a wood-stacked-by-Gordon landslide!) We have a wood/oil combo furnace and try to burn as much wood as possible, since it's cheaper and produces much nicer heat.


I handed Gordon a peeled orange through my "drive-thru" window, and he sat down on the tailgate to eat it. I believe Sophie's hopes of getting a segment of orange were thoroughly dashed.

The chickens were free-ranging yesterday while Gordon worked outside. They like to hang out under the birdfeeder and pick up seeds. One hopes this has toughened their resistance to wild bird diseases! One tries not to comtemplate this too much.



Now, can you spot all five creatures in this photo? (Click to embiggen!)


Husband, dog, cat, chicken and chickadee on the feeder!

There's always something exciting going on outside my window.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:32 am

    Oh, I see two more! You and your grandma in the little photo on the window sill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had such a wonderful view. I am green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the chickadee. So funny that Gordon is "creature" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Gordon is at least my FAVOURITE creature! :) And good eye, TTPT! I missed that one myself.

    Jams, you know who has the best view on the farm? The chickens! They have a huge picture window (salvaged) in their coop, with a southern view looking down over the fields and woods. Quite beautiful! The view from the house isn't as good because the barn blocks it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. since evidently Gordon failed Fire-making 101 as a Boy Scout! (And no doubt his Scoutmaster was fatally injured in a wood-stacked-by-Gordon landslide!)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Gordon, the abuse and public ridicule I subject him to. HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!