Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quotes o' the day

My husband keeps coming out with... well, not zingers. More like oddities. The other night we were discussing hybrid vehicles and Gordon said,

"You can put a battery in a lead duck but it still won't float."

Two days later, I still can't figure it out.

But my best (for weirdness) "quote" ever was a snippet of conversation I overheard in the Taco Del Mar restaurant in Mission, BC. One young man said to his friends,

"...and then he jammed a banana right in his eye!"

Two years later, I haven't figured that one out either.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps that is for the best. The mind boggles doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How 'bout this one from my 3 yr old granson, (very indignant), "Mommy. . .you make me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite conversations with my 14yo daughter:

    Me: I need to get more stuff off Duncan.
    K (daughter): What?
    Me: I need to get more stuff off Duncan.
    K: What?
    Me: (getting pissed off now) I NEED TO GET MORE STUFF OFF DUNCAN!
    K: I heard you the first time!
    Me: THEN WHAT WAS WITH THE "WHAT"?
    K: You were looking at me!!

    Dear God, help me survive the teen age years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:47 pm

    Perhaps Mr C read that keeping a little mystery in a relationship is healthy for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!