Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Pretty sparkly things!

It was Canada Day here on Sunday, celebrating Canada's 145th birthday, so we went to see the fireworks display at Island Park in Alexandria. Check out the "palm tree" fireworks near the end of this video. It was really easy to see them in person, so I hope you can see them here:



Since it's Independence Day in the USA today, I figure my American friends will appreciate these fireworks photos as well:



Ooooooo!



Aaaaaaaaah!



Ooooooo!



Aaaaaaaaaah!



Ooooooooooo!



Aaaaaaaah!



Ooooooooo1




Aaaaaaaaaaah!



 Extra sparkly, because I didn't have a tripod.

Whatever you celebrate, enjoy!

20 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post. It's not easy to take fireworks but you nailed them. I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little Canon has a "fireworks" setting, and this was the first time I tried it. I was surprised how well it worked!

      Delete
    2. I can see that! I have tried with my camera, and I don't seem to get the vibrant colours. Do you have a Canon EOS ?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was really impressed with their display!

      Delete
  3. Nice pictures, but we don't like fireworks. All of us are UTB (Under The Bed), including our Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand. My doggies don't like them either!!

      Delete
  4. We to go Awww and Oooo over the beutiful fireworks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots! Fireworks are a great subject. Sadly I rarely see them. just up the ISO setting to a point where images are not too grainy and open up the aperture as far as you can and away ye go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jams!
      Yeah, uh, I just press the little "fireworks" function button on my Canon Elph! :)

      Delete
  6. Your photos are amazing! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures of a lot of joy.

    Hugs
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids all around us were pretty excited!

      Delete
  8. Palm trees shout CANADA to me (I wish!!).
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! Now, I have seen some palm trees growing in Vancouver!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! Some look like electric sea anemones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!