Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Getting ready...

We are off to Ireland tomorrow for a much-needed vacation, and I spent my day trying to get ready. There's a lot to do to get everything ready for the farmsitters and caretakers. I can't wait to get on the plane and leave it all behind for a bit!
Meanwhile, we thought this one was going to spend our entire vacation at the veterinary hospital...


Mootie stopped eating on Saturday! We took her to the vet Sunday. After doing a bunch of tests and scans, he thought she might have lymphoma. She has a small hard mass near her bladder. After talking to a vet friend, we were all prepared to go with a surgical biopsy but last night she started eating and she's still eating well, so today they released her. Vet thinks she may have an upper respiratory infection that led to swelling that made it difficult to swallow. Anyway, there are lots of meds for the sitter to give her, and if she stops eating again, she'll have to go back to the vet clinic. But for now she seems to be doing much, much better and she's very happy to be home. We have been really worried since Saturday.

On a happier note, when my friend Debbie was here yesterday, Emerson and Saul were getting their bromance on!


That's Finney in the back, trying to push Emerson off Saul's back!


But Emerson held on tight. 


These two are so cute together. The best of friends!

Emerson loves sleeping here....


...on my vegetable hod on top of the garage fridge!

Meanwhile...


...Buttercup caught a mouse. But Emerson stole it and ate it!

And...


...the pigs and goats are temporarily sharing a pasture while the pigs get a new concrete floor in their pen! Surprisingly, the goats are scared of the pigs and even allow them to steal their food!! Silly goats.

And Tristan...


...decided he just had to come for a ride with me when I took the garbage out in the RTV today. Not the safest position! But he was very happy.

Hope you are all having a good week!



Oh, please keep voting for me and my friend Miss Edie the Pug in the Pets Plus Us Champions Awards (we are in separate categories.) We could each win $1500 to donate to our favourite animal charity, which in my case would be the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry OSPCA shelter in Cornwall (from where we have adopted 33 animals!) Thank you! so much!



12 comments:

  1. Lots going on at the farm. I can't tell you how happy I am that Mootie is home and eating again. We'll keep good thoughts and hope that the mass disappears. You enjoy that holiday, Natalie. You certainly deserve a break. What a fun and exciting adventure ahead. Stay safe and have a blast. Sending a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so happy Mootie is eating again. I pray for her complete recovery. And as for Emmerson: what a boy. He is so special. Do enjoy your vacation.Greetings Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Mootie is eating again . Lots of happenings on the farm , never a dull moment is there ? Hope you have a wonderful trip and everything at farm is hunky dory . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip. You deserve some time off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog.

    Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what is it about preparing for a vacation that gets the kitties to pop with illnesses?? I am glad he is doing better and I hope you have a wonderful trip

    ReplyDelete
  7. we hope you have a very uneventful but fun vacation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping you have a safe and wonderful time!
    Sorry I haven't been around much, things have been rather crazy
    catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMC! We wanna ride a pony! ;)

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bíodh turas iontach! Wouldn't it be fun to have all the kids travel with you!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful getaway. We'll keep all of your animals in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for reminding me to vote. We hope Mootie continues to do well while you are away.LOVE the bromance!!
    I was in Ireland last summer - where are you going??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!