Saturday, April 25, 2015

Saturday at the farm

I dunno, this spring has been so-so. A bit too cold and windy for my liking. I remember a couple of  years back, the farmers were putting in seeds in March. Not this year! Anyway, when the sun was out today and the wind died down, it wasn't too bad at all. Gordon and I went for a nice walk back to our woodlot. And on the way back, I had a visit with the pigs...


...while wearing my Quirky Carrot sweatshirt. The Quirky Carrot is a fantastic little restaurant in our nearby small town of Alexandria. It's open for breakfast and lunch, and also offers cooking courses and other wonderful things. All the food is healthy, delicious and homemade and the menu changes every day. I'm so glad we have this place to go to! Great baristas, too.


I think Ophelia was trying to tell me something! All the pigs are on the chunky side (oops! too much lazing about in the hay this winter) so we are cutting back their rations a bit. They are also getting outside and exercising more now that the snow is gone.

Look at this beauty...


I'm in love with Annuk. She's a darling cat!


She checked out the tractor today.



Buttercup is very pleased it's spring!


EMerson climbed up my back to get a better view of the pigs!




Can you spot the little Greek kitty in this photo? Annuk!

And here's our lovely Mootie again...





She's such a beauty. She gets brushed pretty much every day.

Daisy is just thrilled winter has ended.


She came from Syros, Greece last November with her sisters Buttercup and Honey. I kept telling them that winter wouldn't last forever, but I don't think she believed me.


Annuk just arrived this month, so she doesn't know's in store for her later this year. She was hanging around with Daisy today. They were both left at the same dump in Syros as kittens, at different times. I wonder if they are related?


Mootie spied a squirrel up one of the black walnut trees!


And Missy was out and about too!


Missy and I have a cuddle session after day. When I clean the box stalls every morning, she sits on the railing and meows at me until I stop what I'm doing and give her some love. It's really cute. And how could I say "no" to such an adorable calico?


Annuk an Daisy explored the woodpile too!



Then Mootie and Annuk had a sniff around the tiller on the tractor.



Annuk checking out her surroundings!



Bootylicious pigs snacking!



Annuk and Daisy.

It turned out to be a very lovely spring day. Have a great weekend! Thank you for all the nice comments you leave on my blog. They always make me smile.

26 comments:

  1. I just noticed what long whiskers some of your cats have. Annuk, for instance. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, you're right! And Alex's are even more spectacular!

      Delete
  2. It's tough to have such a late spring but we'll be very happy when it's finally here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be here for real now! My daffodils starting blooming yesterday, and the temps are supposed to be 20C or above for the next little while.

      Delete
  3. Canada looks beautiful, as does the farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be great when things have greened up a bit!!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely day on the farm. The kitties all love very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have fun around here! :) Kitties seem content.

      Delete
  5. You make life on the farm with the menagerie look so blissful. Hard to imagine how much work you actually have to do. That photo of you and Ophelia is adorable. Well, every photo of you is adorable... and Ophelia, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see everyone out and about in the warmer weather ! We have been out to and had a camp fire or two going whilst we have been out ! Lovely photos ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! Hmm, maybe we can use our fire pit this weekend!

      Delete
  7. I can't imagine a happier place for all the critters. Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:58 am

    Aww, what sweet kitties! Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you have gorgeous cats! And they live in a paradise as far as I'm concerned. Great photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're lucky to have this place, and these lovely cats. :)

      Delete
  10. Piggies, kitties, and a vegan friendly cafe close by? I'm moving in!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd LOVE the café. Such excellent food, so healthy, and pretty much always some great vegan options!

      Delete
  11. I love seeing your farm and all the kitties. You always look so pretty. Oh, I do like your new Husky tool pack too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I need to get those tools a little dirty. They're too shiny right now! ;)

      Delete
  12. you take the most amazing photos! Wish I lived near you to visit your lovely and adorable animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use my decent Nikon SLR for most of these but my iPhone does some amazing things too. So much easier than the old days of film! if you take 1,000 shots, one is sure to turn out, LOL.

      Delete
  13. I wish I lived near to you too! I'd come over and help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd make you tea and a muffin! (Or coffee!)

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!