Thursday, April 02, 2015

Hello from Greece!

Having a wonderful time! Wish you were here!

I love Greece. I am staying on the gorgeous island of Syros with my friends Joan and Richard and their beautiful rescue cats. Next Wednesday I am bringing four cats (siblings) home to adopt out to Canadians. Here are...


Archie and Annuk!


Aggie and Amber, with Archie in the background.



They are lovely cats, beautiful inside and out.



Amber is the shy one. She sits back from the others and keeps an eye on me. I hope to win her trust at some point. She's an exquisite little thing.


They are willing to come over and play with me, though. :)



This is Annuk. I love her dainty face.


Aggie keeping an eye on Amber from the grass.


Is this not gorgeous? There is a lovely walk I take around this bay. I would like to do it every day I am here!


Wearing my Quirky Carrot restaurant shirt from home!



Here's Aggie again!


Annuk on my porch. Yes, I have my own little house here and it is GORGEOUS!



Such a pretty girl.


Well hello Archie!


Annuk enjoyed an afternoon snack.


I seriously do not want to leave here. I love Greece and the Greek people are utterly delightful. But I suppose Gordon is missing me...

I Facetimed him from this very spot yesterday. It was -5C and snowing at home!

Spring here is lovely. Everywhere you find lavender, sage, thyme, rosemary... it smells like spices and the ocean. Ahhhh!

Hope you all have a great weekend.


16 comments:

  1. And a hello from beautiful Germany. I love those cats and you could drop them of at my place anytime if I had more space here. Enjoy your stay and maybe you could convince Gordon to move there in retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks bliss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! You've earned it with the winter we've had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so enjoying your photos and stories from Greece (but not as much as you are, I imagine). I wonder how many cats you'll finally take back to Oh Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like heaven there, Natalie. Enjoy your stay as it will go by quickly. "Happy Easter."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful there ! Such pretty kitties ! I hope some one will take them in to their forever home . Happy Easter .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,look! No snow!!
    Where are the kitties going once they arrive 'home'?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are really healthy good looking cats. And you being on a Greek Island must be heaven. I don't have a bucket list, but perhaps I need to make one and add *Greek Island* to it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cats! Love your photos of Greece...it's on my Bucket List! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've found some very attractive cats. I'm sure people will want them when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The views are spectacular, and the cats are gorgeous! Have a wonderful and a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cats are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cats are beautiful! Glad you're having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greece has always been on my bucket list since I minored in Philosophy and studied Greek Rhetorical theory. To say that I am jealous would be a gross understatement! I have never been there and would soooo love to go! So happy for you! The view is exquisite, your description of the smells is to die for. The kitties are precious!! How lucky you have your own little cottage to stay in too! Send Joan our love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cats are beautiful. I love Greece too; so relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am just catching up on your Greece adventures and your journey with the cats. They are all beautiful! I know you will find them good homes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!