Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Our house has gone to the cats

"Oh, hi."


"My name is Louise. I was in charge of the takeover."


"Here I sit on my warm throne, with my paw restiing lightly on the butter dish of power."


"Humans used to run this house, but those days are over!"


"Right Emily?"




"Right! There used to be lots of pretty, breakable things on that windowsill, but when our benign despot Louise started tossing them off, the humans got upset and put them away. The sheep is gone now too. Louise tossed it after this picture was taken."


"Emily is my mignon. "


"Would you leave us? It's time for the benign despot and her mignon to catch up on their beauty sleep!"



"I'm not kidding. GO! And take your camera with you."

Aaaaand upstairs, just a little later...


"What do you mean you want us to move because you've got clean sheets to put on the bed?"



"But I do want to thank you for washing this placemat and leave it on the mattress for me. I feel quite comfortable here with the lady cats!"

And yet again, it's naptime for the felines... they only sleep 15 to 20 hours a day!



"Are you still here?"


"Put the sheets down and back away slowly!"



You can see why I sleep with one eye open!

27 comments:

  1. Hilarious! That face on Louise..I know why she rules. I'm not quite sure when the takeover happened but "Welcome to my world, Natalie.".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha...our peeps USED to have breaky stuff...but we broke it!
    Stick to your guns, guys!
    Love from Jane's cats
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane's cats, don't encourage them!!!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Despots. You haz 'em!

    me too...help...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need RAID for despots, or Despot-away, or SOMETHING!

      Delete
  4. pee ess: have you seen this?

    http://laughingsquid.com/australian-researchers-attach-tiny-sensors-to-honey-bees-to-track-their-movements/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, so cool!!!! Thanks for sharing that!

      Delete
  5. Hilarious. I think the lesson here is two cats is the limit if you want to stay in control. Oh wait, I have two cats. I'm clearly not in control. Anyway, they're worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so worth it. I love the little devils!

      Delete
  6. Mitchel knows. I know. It only takes two, one to look innocent and one to be innocent. But, which one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NONE of them are innocent!! And they always blame the poor dogs! ;)

      Delete
  7. Yep, they are the ruler of the house. We know, And we have only two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:56 am

    Cute! Cats certainly have a gift for comfort. Perhaps we should emulate them more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we should. Well, maybe except for all that "here's half a chipmunk!" or "Look, I brought you a squirming mouse!" stuff..

      Delete
  9. Yet again I wish to be a cat at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you have embraced her minimalist decorating style. Windowsills are for sitting on, not ornaments. I'm also glad someone else has as much trouble as I do getting clean sheets on the bed. Michaela got her head stuck between the box spring and mattress last time. Very scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less to dust, that's for sure. Ssssigh!!

      ANd wow, head stuck in the mattresses... so far I've avoided that one. Cats do love an unmade bed. Why IS it that you can't make up a bed without attracting every feline in the house?

      Delete
  11. I'm coming to your house! I'd bet you'd let a goat on your bed! Weeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would TOTALLY let a goat on my bed!!

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the delightful "Day in the Life of..." story of a cat's life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! My cast of cat-characters was happy to oblige. :D

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!