Sunday, October 06, 2013

A boy and his tractor... and a girl and her tractor.

Gordon finally tried out the new tractor tis weekend. And read the manual!



He had turned it off while working on moving some dirt. Sophie figured she'd come walk under the thing while I was taking a photo. Fortunately the hydraulics didn't fail at that point! :)


I read that manual too. Doesn't really do much to tell a city slicker how to drive a tractor, but we're getting the hang of it. I got a little instruction last week from my 22-year-old friend Jake. :)


Seat belt on, roll bar in place. I am dying to try out the tiller.


Tristan loves to lie down next to and behind the tires, so we always clear the dogs out before we start moving.


Gordon got several loads of garden soil moved!



Riding off into the fields!


Hope you all had a great weekend.

13 comments:

  1. I'm considering driving up so I can have a go!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year you'll wonder how you ever did without your tractor. It looks like you got all, the bells and whistles. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it beautiful. It will never be that pristine again but then it is meant to be a working in the dirt machine. Machines really do make life easier. I want to see more pictures of it actually doing its jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new toys. I thought you would say he was driving off into the sunset ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous. I doubt I could see over the hood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos! Have a delicious week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tractor looks awesome! I know absolutely nothing about tractors, so I'd definitely have to read the user manual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like so much fun!

    And, although I usually don't approve of mixing reds with reds (or oranges with oranges)... too risky, Gordon's sweatshirt/T-shirt ensemble seem to go very well with the tractor. (I'm sure he was worried about that, so I thought I'd let him know.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all look right at home on your tractor--real farmers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice power equipment there! Maybe I wouldn't have given up big time veggie gardening if I had had that mean red machine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one fancy tractor. That is so terrific. isn't it fun to have a tractor. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like Joanne, I am jealous, especially after spending an afternoon carting soil in a wheelbarrow! It will save you a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!