Monday, June 23, 2008

Little baby barn swallows

Barn swallows have nested on an ugly light fixture outside our family room window, greatly beautifying it! There are more nests and babies in the barn. Tonight I took some pics, and I counted at least five hungry little blighters!

Okay, this is HURTIN' cute...



Kids these days. So DEMANDING!



Can you imagine coming home to this every night? Try every five minutes! Humans have it easy.



"Feed us. Feeeeeeed us!!"



I dunno, they kind of look more like vulture than swallows. Or maybe the neighbourhood thugs: "Hey, cough up the bug and no one gets hurt!"



If you don't appreciate nature.... you should!!

4 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, they're CUTE!!!

    I would love to have a distraction like that outside my window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love barn swallows. Much cuter then crows, who attck and kill baby bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so cute! Glad you got a few shots a little further back so I could see the whole nest. Very interesting!

    ~ Wolf Lover Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:53 pm

    Are there five in the first picture? They are DAMN cute. I love the third pic where you can just see all their mouths OPEN! hahahha

    and the "thugs" pic too ....hahahah tooo funny.

    Swallows are excellent birds ... eat mosquitos, build nests where you can see them ... and are such acrobatic flyers. I think they inspire people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!