Monday, July 02, 2007

Friday pizza


Every Friday night, I make pizza from scratch. This all started last year because there is no pizzeria anywhere near us! It has turned out be a good thing. I am now taking suggestions for toppings! My friend Maren came up with this one: proscuitto, zucchini, caramelized onions and mozzarella. (Plus I threw in a few orange cherry tomatoes.) For "sauce" I just brushed the crust with olive oil infused with chopped garlic.

Some of the pizzas are simpler than this. It depends on (a) my motivation level and (b) what's in the fridge! I use the pizza dough recipe from the Canadian Living Cookbook, with some whole wheat and/or six-grain flour to replace the white.

4 comments:

  1. Put Feta cheese on your pizza! YUMMMMMY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:09 am

    Yeah! Feta cheese, kalmota olives and anchovies. Salty goodness all around!

    I wanna live at your house...the food sounds goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm! That looks good! How about soft goat cheese and tomato slices with basil and spinach? Or, when I lived in Nebraska, there was a place that made a pizza with cream cheese, Canadian bacon, and pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, DEPHAL, that sounds MOST excellent.

    However, PINEAPPLE on pizza is a crime against humanity. :) I am all for Canadian bacon, though (but we call it back bacon or peameal bacon!)

    Putting goat cheese on the grocery list...

    And I did the feta thing this week, Connordog and Sharon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!