Friday, June 23, 2017

From Greece with Love

We have five Greek cats on the farm including these two...


Daisy and Buttercup!


They were lolling around together today.


Daisy is a foodaholic and spends a lot of time stealing or attempting to steal everyone else's food.



Still, she's not quite as plump as she looks in this picture. The camera adds ten pounds, right?



And here's Millicent peeking in the kitchen window. She rarely shows any desire to go outside, but today she stepped out onto the window box, regarded the world for a bit, then came back inside. After living her life entirely outdoors before coming here, then being left to starve, I think she has decided that indoors is where it's at. She is an incredibly sweet cat who is always asking for cuddles. She gets along so well the others, too.

And I got another poem published in Mused...



Flamboyant Goat. Check it out! I am just finishing up a book of poems which I will soon start flogging to published. My poetry teacher helped edit it and I am really pleased with the result. All the poems are about animals. We'll see how many rejection letters it takes before I get a "yes" somewhere. :)

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I've never had more than one cat in the house. Sometimes I think they would be better with a friend. Yours always look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love seeing the ginger kitties. :) congratulations on being published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a woman of so many talents (and so many cats)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the poem! I love the ginger cats! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Natalie, I absolutely ~l.o.v.e.d.~ "Flamboyant Goat" ............ I almost felt as if I were on your Goat Hill myself, (haha)! 'Really superlative imagery!
    Our ~~[male/3-legged/10.8 lbs./9-year-old/long-haired]~~ orange rescue cat "Sonny" is in love with your lovely female marmalade cats, you know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!