Thursday, March 05, 2015

How did a whole week just go by?!

Why does time go faster the older you get?! I started this post last weekend and here it is Thursday already. GEEZ!
Aaaanyway, our old boy Tristan, who is generally not dog-positive, had a young visitor last weekend...


Here he is with Ace, an German shepherd pup belonging to friends of ours.



Tristan was remarkably tolerant of Ace.  I suspect he just thought Ace was a cat!


"Can we keep him?"


Sorry Tristan, no can do!


But it was awfully tempting!


Especially when I saw you two cosmically aligned like this!


Bliss!

Naomi, however...


...has taken to drinking to cope with the mere thought of a puppy! (Note: that is so NOT my beer choice. My Dad drank Labatt Blue, but I'm more of a Kilkenny Cream Ale/Guinness gal. And microbrewery brews! That said, I'm also a "half a beer, once a month" cheap drunk!)



They were pretty cute together! 

And I do so hope we get those floors refinished this year, as planned. We've had the upstairs done but downstairs is looking pretty desperate. These floors are original to the house, which was built in 1901. I think the kitchen floors are maple; there's a mixture of maple and birch in our house.

Have a day filled with cuteness!

17 comments:

  1. Too cute...too stinking cute!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though Ace, if he had his way, would be spooning with Tristan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are all so adorable!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute together, shame you could not keep him. Poor Naomi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a heart grabber. Reminds me of my cat who licks my hand and rubs his ear across it. He would give so much for a new ear lickin' buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure is a lot of cuteness. What a dear that Tristan is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute are they? Poor kitty feeling out numbered there by dogs lol Yes time does fly by as we get older wonder why that is ? Thanks for sharing , lovely photos ! Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute! I have a picture of Dozer and Moose (as a pup) sleeping with their heads touching just like that. So sweet. They still sleep on top of and beside/touching each other all the time. I can't believe you're making your cat drink that swill. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These two guys are very sociable even if they are sleeping. I wish we could all be that low key and agreeable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are lovely together. I think you need a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Naomi. I suppose if one must drink to cope, Labatt Blue will do. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so cute together, Ace is a little fluff ball!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you sure about the no will do?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love animals interacting together; these two look like fast friends, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:08 pm

    Thank you for a much needed infusion of cuteness! Love the second photo where it looks like Tristan is performing a "laying on of the paws" on Ace. Yes, Naomi is definitely thinking black thoughts... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look VERY cute together! Ace is an adorable pup.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:35 am

    I think you need to get a puppy!!!! Tristan looks so cute taking care of his little buddy. The cat will adapt .....or take up drinking LaBatts. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!