Monday, July 28, 2014

Kitty update


Say hello to REDFORD! Deb from Just Cats suggested his name and we loved it. Yes, HE. This is not Emerson's Mama! I wonder if he's Emerson's papa? I think they were dumped here together.

The trapping went perfectly last night, and Redford was scared but calm and quiet when I drove him to the vet in the towel-covered trap his morning. He has now been neutered, vaccinated, treated for fleas and ticks, dewormed and I'm getting him microchipped. They also removed his two extra front claws (he is polydactyl) as the vet was concerned about him having problems with them when he is older, particularly since he will be a barn cat. I am also getting him microchipped. 

He's staying at the vet until Friday to ensure he is fully healed before he's allowed outside again. Gordon and I both feel very relieved that he is looked after now.

Cat #7... geez!

12 comments:

  1. That's a purrfect name for such a handsome devil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have to become an exporter instead of an importer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name! Never thought of extra claws being a problem for cats...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are animal angels or fairies....

    ReplyDelete
  5. He wears the name well. I already have fallen for him. Hope he adapts instantly and enjoys his new (purr-fect) life. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:32 pm

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, we all know--just like cookies--you can't have just one! Thank you for your sweet, kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope hope the bills are not too high

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are sure Redford will be your OUTSIDE cat? I believe it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe you may persist in keeping him as a barn cat, but predict that to do so you may decide to install central heating and soft furnishings in the barn.

    Actually, I was joking, but now I recall a nearby cat protection place where the cats live in external sheds but sleep on little electric heated mats that burn very little electricity but generate much purring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am enjoying this new adventure with the evasive and very lucky Redford. You and Gordon make this world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have kitty #7 too! (Shh, we are only allowed 4 in this municipality). Also an orange one - Ginja - a very rambunctious young fellow. Obviously dumped here, maybe because he is so fiery - lively, hairy times here. Love all your pics and updates as always!
    Anya over at http://catwhisperer.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!