Friday, March 24, 2017

Kitty bravery and dog goings-on

LOOK WHO HAS EMERGED!!!


Millicent is FINALLY getting bold enough to explore the house!



Don't mind my kitchen stairs that need a fresh coat of paint!


She is so cute, this one. To think she was left outside to starve last year! She's just a sweetheart, always purring and up for a cuddle. She and Naomi are good buddies now and Millicent has made friends with some of the other cats, too.

We got snow last week, then we got a bunch more today! Here's Monty enjoying himself the other day...



He does seem to love winter! I like to dig my hands into his beautiful thick coat. It's so warm! He has the option of various shelters, including the heated pig pen, but he's often outside, lying in the snow. I have been working with him on obedience training every day, as well as making him stay calm around his livestock. He is going through a chasing phase right now (wants to play with the goats!) which sometimes happens with teenage livestock guardian dogs. He's a smart boy... we'll get through it!


And here are Daisy and Honey...



....hogging a dog bed!



Chloe tried to get them to move, but no dice!


She tried to get Gigi to move, and that didn't work either!!

Last Sunday a bunch of people went riding at our farm. I can't ride until June, but it was a beautiful day for it. My friend's daughter took Jimmy on a trail ride!



And Gordon rode his beloved Sandy!

And we have two new additions...


Meet Cindy and Ninja, sister and brother! They are about 3 years old and are Nubian/Pygmy crosses as far as we can tell. They are healthy and well cared-for, but their owner had been boarding them and that situation wasn't working out, so he wanted a new forever home for them.

So here they are! That makes 18 goats now. They have fit in really well and have befriended Bert, and our other Pygmy goats Salty and Pepper.



Bambi gave a few head-butts, but otherwise all is well!

And I may have posted this pic of Gigi before, when she was rescued from the streets of Jamaica as a tiny puppy, after getting separated from her pack...


Look at her now!


She has the BEST ears! And she is an absolutely lovely dog in every way. I'm so glad we adopted her!
My head is getting better, slowly. Today was a pretty good day. I hit my head 37 days ago and am still amazed at how long it is taking to recover fully. I drove my truck this week for the first time since hitting my head, just a short trip to my dentist. It went fine but it was tiring! Slow progress...

Have a great weekend. :)











14 comments:

  1. Glad your road to recovery is not too rocky. I was just thinking, I can remember when you had just two dogs. It was another lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Monty not the friendliest puppy around? How could he possibly be a guard dog? His coat is so luxurious! Bravo on your new goats, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you find names for all of these characters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are doing better Natalie. Great photos of your crew.
    Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Chloe! What joy in all other photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem to be in good spirits and the wait to ride is hard I know. Oh the critters are all adorable. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you continue to be on the mend! Those kitties look so snuggly, I want to join them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear your pets all look like they came straight from a storybook. All are adorable! Glad you drove but take it slow!!! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you're on the mend!

    I don't know how you stand all that cuteness in one house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had (have) an extremely shy kitty. Sometimes they always stay that way. Looks like life is good on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your head. It must be really hard to get all your chores done with that! Here's hoping you're now recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The picture of Gigi as a puppy makes me want to reach out and hug her. Those eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Take it easy and let your brain heal.
    I love Millicent! She just radiates sweetness and beauty.
    Thank goodness Gigi was saved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy you're feeling better...it does take time. Millicent is adorable and you both are so lucky to have each other. She has a great home with love, XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!