Friday, December 02, 2016

TGIF

It has been nuts around here lately, truly...

But this guy...


...is going to be in the Christmas parade in Alexandria on Sunday evening! And I am going to ride Roo. Finney has been doing so well in his training that our riding instructor Rose is dressing him up and putting him in the parade. I can't wait! I have to buy some battery-operated Christmas lights to decorate my own horse this weekend.

Meanwhile, in Catville...


...the tea mug reflects Emily's attitude towards life perfectly!


Mootie, Archie and Honey are none too sure about the dogs!


"Why? Why did you have to get TWO puppies?"


But the cats are adjusting. That black blob behind Gordon's hand stroking Dodger is Naomi!


Gordon is good at multi-tasking. Rubbing my foot, reading a book, and cuddling with Chloe.


And you would never guess we have 17 cats...



Not to mention some really muddy horses!



My friend Pam was holding onto Sandy so I could get photos of her filthiness. Sandy really really really enjoys rolling in mud.

Sigh. We have some grooming to do!

I've also been making soap!



Here's a bunch of lavender stuff that turned out quite well.

And back in the barn...


Keaton is king of all he surveys!

But in the house...


Daisy and Honey have commandeered my office chair.


Ah, sisters! Daisy was giving Honey a nice bath.

 

Then it was time for a nap!

And look what Dodger the pup has been up to...


...he likes to hoard cat bowls! And for the record, that used to be a cat bed.

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. You get free entertainment from these critters. They are well looked after and very satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get way too busy with work [sigh] and miss too much of what's happening in Knatolee's World. I had to go back and catch up. Congrats on the lovely pups! They definitely scored as well!

    Also, I'm interested in knowing how you made the soap. I often buy homemade soap because so many commercial brands are too harsh. It would be fun to try making my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those first two photos of the three cats are wonderful. Constant amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks wonderful in your world Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures. Is Millicent in the house, yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you have a wonderful world, full of lovely and cute animals! Love your pictures too...
    Have a great weekend!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never a dull moment!! I enjoy your posts so much!! My new kitty makes me smile all the time. I'm waiting to see how she does with the Christmas tree....that yelling you hear might be me if she knocks it down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh, heh! A muddy horse is a happy horse...or so it appears :)

    Love the bowl hoarding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be bursting at the seams. It sounds like the cats and dogs are getting accustomed to one another...slowly but surely.

    Have fun in the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pups' antics are hilarious. And every photo makes me smile, or go awwwww, or get a little teary, or all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keaton is King of my Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, I wanna see Dodger in action hoarding all those bowls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dodger is just tidying up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Natalie, I just love reading your blog. You take wonderful pictures, and I just love all of your animals (well, I'm kinda partial to the cats!). I am glad you ride with other people - it is so important! I also worry about falls. My sister rides several times a week. Last spring she was thrown and ended up with a concussion. She was out of commission for 3 or 4 weeks, and was pretty chastened by her experience. I understand you want to get right back in the saddle, but give your kidneys a chance to heal. Stay well, and give Millie a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!