Thursday, June 25, 2015

Under each other's spell...

When Saul the donkey first arrived, he chased the cats quite a bit. I did NOT encourage the cats to go near him. I was having visions of cats flying through the air after a swift boot from a donkey! 

But Emerson in particular was undaunted. I'm pretty sure he's been visiting the donkey behind my back, because today I caught them up to this...



I think they like each other...










When Emerson was done loving up his friend Saul, he went to hang out under the stock tank...


The love that dare not speak its name!

PS: Saul's hooves are overdue for trimming. Now that he's settled in, my farrier has agreed to do his feet, but we have to coordinate with the vet because he'll need sedation. I'm hoping that over time, we can get him used to having his feet handled so that he no longer needs sedation for hoof trims.

22 comments:

  1. I love to see different species getting along like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saul's gonna learn how to "meow"...I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to pick a favorite in your herd of cats, but Emerson has always been right up there for me. This just made him even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Donkeys need a best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable. Emerson you are such a sweet ginger boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw. Interspecies friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great photos and video! You can tell they are both so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaawww...soon Emerson will be napping on Saul's back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These little critters sometimes have some odd relationships. I'm wondering if the rest of the cats take to Saul of if Saul takes to the rest of the cats.?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emerson's magic works on donkeys, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:04 pm

    Emerson the goodwill ambassador! Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! That is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww...isn't that something. I would never have thought that a donkey and a cat could be so friendly. Emerson apparently has no fear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is seriously one of the sweetest things I have EVER seen!!! Just precious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet that they are friends. Emerson is a real love bug.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are just some animals who are the soul of goodness. Emerson is one . Special kisses for him from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so sweet! It's a prime example of "inter-species snorgling"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh, that gives me the warm fuzzies! Maybe Emerson could talk to Saul about the hoof trim and calm him down. (Although the idea of a pedicure sends me running for tranquillisers myself.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for these loving photos-they really do warm my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely adorable, it makes my heart sing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is it the forth or the fifth time I am back? This is so lovely to watch. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!