Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fantastic new dog treat!

On Sunday, I noticed Tristan gnashing away at what I thought was a small stick. I decided that he perhaps didn't need a stomach full of wood chips, so I took it out of his mouth, only to discover that it was not any sort of part from a tree, but instead a dessicated portion of a well-dead garter snake! Eeeeeeyuw.... and might I add, “poor snake,” although I don't think Tristan was the murderer.

I gave it back to him and went off to wash my hands. I really have to learn not to grab things out of my dogs' mouths before figuring out beforehand what they are.

Snake jerky, the fantastic new dog treat your furry friends are sure to enjoy! Get 'em now, before the turkey vultures do!

2 comments:

  1. uh... yeeeaaahhhhh.... especially since you live out there in no-mans land should YOU be grabbing things out of your dogs mouth! :-) I know you don't have a problem with snakes but I have a HUGE problem with them - I would have freaked!

    ~ Wolf Lover Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, then you probably wouldn't be keen on the garter snakes living in our woodpile!

    But you must have some venomous snakes around you, WLG, don't you? We don't so I don't have to be concerned about that, at least.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!