Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Oooh, I'm Kreativ!
Monika at Smoking Hot Needles is not only a gifted knitter with gorgeous dogs, she has given me a Kreativ Blogger award. Thank you, Monika!
The Definition: “for those who bring unique and creative elements to their blogs. For those who incorporate art, music, creative writing, photos, and other beautiful visual effects into their website. For those who put a unique spin on things and come up with new ideas. This award is for the artsy, the funky, the inventor, and even the rebel. This award is for those creative individuals who stand out from the crowd.”
The rules are:
1. The winner must copy this Award to their own blog.
2. Link to the blog from whence you received the Award
3. Nominate a minimum of 7 other bloggers
4. Link to the nominated on your blog
5. Leave comment about the award on the nominated blogs.
So here are the people I am passing the award along to:
1) Shelley at Birding in Michigan. The photos on her blog are spectacular, her writing is a joy to read (I dare you not to smile) and her website is beautiful. Go visit now! She has a few other lovely blogs as well, so check them out. The links to them are on the Birding in Michigan site. She'll be famous soon, if she isn't already.
2) Freshisle Fibers: Not only does she have a full-time teaching job, she's a knittin' and dyein' machine. She also runs a yarn shop on beautiful Manitoulin Island. I enjoy reading about her creative projects, and hearing about her dog, and of course, the lovely Island.
3) Laura-Jane (and Cameron) at Whimfield: Well, they're already famous after appearing on Definitely Not the Opera on CBC radio! They drove across the country from BC to PEI, moved into a rather rustic (but lovely) old farmhouse on 60 acres, and have been restoring it while throwing themselves into their new rural lifestyle. I wish I'd been half as confident and adventurous as them when I was their age! I am absolutely in awe of the work they have done on their home, by themselves. (I think I'm Go check it out. You'll learn something about Canada's smallest province (Prince Edward Island) as well.
4) The Mad Cat Woman at Hissyfits. She's a gifted writer (she works in the advertising industry) in Sri Lanka, and damn funny. REALLY damn funny. She is also kind to animals and involved in animal rescue in and around Colombo. Did I mention she is damn funny? Her humour is wicked and smart. Go check her out now.
5) Dephal. She's always making something, whether knitted or out of clay or whatever's going. She once gave me a knitted uterus, complete with ovaries (I treasure it!) She's smart and funny with a way-cool car. Also she made the university she teaches at buy my husband's book for their law library. Yessssss!
6) Sunnyside Dr.® - because, my friends, a picture is worth a thousand words. And today may be the happiest day of his life, because Bush is out and Obama is in.
7) Knit With Snot For You - Because her blog has the best name EVER. Because she has three little boys and still manages to knit tons of great stuff (all these knitters who blog put my output to shame! ) Because she's hilarious. Because she loved Ricardo Montalban. Because she's an artist. Just BECAUSE.
Thanks for all the great reading!
PS: I typed this entire post with a kitten lying in front of my computer screen, and a fluffy orange cat getting his nipples massaged as he stood on my keyboard tray (Hey, it's his kink, not mine!!)