Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Sty

Yesterday, my office was truly a sty. I mean, a dangerous sty. Things were falling off my desk!



It was a sty because I was:

1) knitting a pink shawl
2) hooking a goldfish rug
3) hooking a coffee cup rug thing
4) wrapping a birthday gift
5) wrapping Christmas gifts
6) looking through my knitting patterns
7) hemming the burlap on the coffee cup rug thing
8) ironing a lace cloth
9) working on some dude’s website
10) drinking tea
11) answering email
12) painting a Christmas gift
13) taking photos with the digital SLR
14) eating and dropping crumbs in my keyboard
15) researching kidney disease for my MIL
16 )marvelling at the weenie inch of snow we got yesterday, which freaked out my fellow weenie British Columbians, who think you need chains to drive through an inch of snow. They wouldn’t last ten seconds in a Nova Scotia winter!



And cats rule my office, in particular, my table:



The cats pics are a bit fuzzy, sorry. Julius is the orange one and Zoë is the fat one. This all started a couple of months back when I made the mistake of putting that leopard-print cat bed on my table, under the desk lamp. Instant kitty tanning salon! That bed is constantly occupied by either Julius or Zoë.



God forbid they should have to, say, sleep on the floor!

Yesterday, Julius was in the leopard bed when Zoë jumped up on the table. Hissy fit, hissy fit, hissy fit! Very put-out fat cat. Orange cat didn't give a rat’s ass about pissed-off fat cat. I ran off to retrieve our new faux-sheepskin cat bed, and put it on the table. Zoë jumped in, the hissy-fit stopped, peace reigned once again.


I am running out of workspace on this table. However, you can see that I *did* manage to clean my office by the end of yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. I laugh in the face of your stydom. Not even scoreable, m'dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!