Saturday, May 15, 2010

Honey and chèvre and all things yummy...

My beekeeping mentor William has a serious honey business, and we often buy goodies from him, like honey with cranberries, walnuts and apricots. YUMMY!



I eat this stuff off a spoon. It doesn't make it to a cracker or slice of bread!


William's partner has a herd of totally adorable goats, and Carole makes the BEST goat yogurt and chèvre!


On the left is chèvre with tomato, basil and garlic, on the right is chèvre with chives, and the yogurt is in the back. I love it because it's flavourful, delicate and not "goat-y." Fabulous cheese! It's not certified organic, but for all intents and purposes, it is.



I also picked up some beeswax candles from William. Hopefully soon I will be making my own!


You can visit the Fromagerie de Peveril near Ste-Justine, Quebec (close to the eastern Ontario border, about 45 minutes from Montréal) and pick up honey at the same time. I'd suggest calling first:(450) 764-3443. They also sell their cheese, yogurt, honey and beeswax items at the Ste-Anne Farmers' Market, held every Saturday from mid-June to the end of October, in the village of Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue on the western tip of the island of Montréal.

Carole's goats have a lovely life and are very well-cared-for, and William is wonderful with his bees. Definitely worth the drive for you Montrealers to load up on fresh, beautiful chèvre and gorgeous honey!



6 comments:

  1. Wish I could make the trip for the cheese and honey but California is just a tad too far to travel even though the reward would be great. Enjoy the treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell my neighbour, the beeman's wife, to have a look at your posts about bees. Nice photography of William's produce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey and goat's cheese? Yum. For a honey scent al day I love the Serge Lutens scent Miel de Bois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, yes Callie, California is a bit far! :)

    Thanks Fran!

    Jams, I found a pretty funny page of comments on Miel de Bois:

    http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot.com/2006/07/perfume-review-serge-lutens-miel-de.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:51 pm

    I want some beeswax candles ... booohooooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr Sloth, I'd mail them to Mexico but I think that would end in a pool of wax....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!