Saturday, May 29, 2010

Birds of different feathers

This adorable Eastern Kingbird was hanging around my house all day yesterday, peering in the windows. The photo is murky because my office window is FILTHY and I used the zoom on my camera, but you get the idea...


I love these guys! They are very spunky.

Meanwhile, down in Chicken-Land, somebody laid the biggest egg yet, at 116 grams or 4.0918 ounces! We haven't had a whopper like this in months (which is good, because they shouldn't be laying these monstrosities on a regular basis!)

Behold...

6 comments:

  1. hat is a monster egg. Are you sure that you chickens aren't ostriches in disguise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is one big egg. Sometimes we get a tiny egg, but we haven't seen a huge egg like that yet. The kingbird reminds me of the jays we have around here. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is big! King of eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, if there's an ostrich in that lot, we'll clearly need a bigger coop!

    Callie, do you have gray jays around you? I love those. I know they like mountainous areas.

    Kirigalpoththa, I bet they're big in SL, too. :

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a chicken egg that big! Amazing! Poor hen that laid it! It must have like 4 yolks! She probably wasn't walking straight for a day after that!
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, it amazes me that they don't kill themselves laying these things. We had more of these monstrosities when the girls first started laying, but things have become more regulated. Still, one of these whoppers seems to pop out every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!